The Pharmaceutical sector is exploding with demand for skilled labor never being higher.
As one of the few institutions who offer the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technologist program in Canada, our program is designed to bring a complete, hands-on approach to students. Among the many skills sought after by the Pharmaceutical industry, you’ll learn how to:
- Operate electronic or computerized control panels from a central control room to monitor and optimize physical and chemical processes for several processing units.
- Control processes start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting.
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipments
- Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders.
- Shut down, isolate and prepare process units or production equipment for maintenance.
- Sample products, perform tests, record data, carry out statistical process control on process operations, and write production logs.
- Develop operator procedures for normal operation, start-up or shut-down of unit.
- Participate in safety audits and programs and provide emergency response when required.
- Ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.